Current Bible Studies at Seward United Methodist Church
- “Luke 15” Adult Sunday School 9:30am Sunday in the Parlor
- “Thursdays with James” Bible Study – 10:00am Thursday Morning in the Parlor
- “Adults with young children – coming soon” – Adult Sunday School 9:30am Sunday Morning for parents of young children.
- “WoW, Women on Wednesdays” – 7:00pm Wednesdays in the Parlor Starts September 5th
- “Mens Group (every 3rd Saturday)” – 8:00am breakfast location varies
Description of Current Classes
Leader – Dana Galusha
Sunday School Bible Study Sundays 9:30-10:30am in the Parlor.
Currently we are looking at Luke 15 using various resources including a book by Kenneth Bailey called “The Cross and the Prodigal”.
“Drawing on his extensive knowledge of both the New Testament and Middle Eastern culture, Bailey presents an interpretation of this parable from a Middle Eastern perspective and, in doing so, powerfully demonstrates its essentially Christian message. Here Bailey highlights the underlying tensions between law and love, servanthood and sonship, honor and forgiveness that grant this story such timeless spiritual and theological power.” from Amazon.com
“Adults with Young Children – coming soon”
Leader – volunteer today
Looking to start an adult Sunday school class that meets at 9:30am for parents with young children.
Leader – Robert Perry
Small Group Bible Study Thursdays 10:00-11:00am in the Parlor.
In September, we will be looking at the book of James. Starts September 6th in the Parlor.
Leader – Jo Ellen Axthelm
Small Group Bible Study
New study starting September 5th with a carry-in dinner.