The idea for Bright Beginnings Child Development Center, BBCDC, started in 2008 as a ministry/outreach program of the Seward United Methodist Church. Initially, it was established as a daycare for infants but over the next 5 years, our program has expanded to provide nurturing care for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years. Families are the most important part of a child’s life, and as such, the BBCDC staff strives daily toward excellence in partnership with families. We truly believe in our mission:
Provide a loving, caring Christian environment that fosters individual and educational growth for each stage of a child’s development
We are so proud of all the youngsters who have been growing and learning with us over the years.
Our facility is fully licensed by the State of Nebraska as a child development center and meets the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services child care center regulations. BBCDC is licensed to care for up to a maximum of 40 youngsters at any one time in the following age groups:
- 6 weeks to 18 months
- 18 to 36 months
- 3 to 5 years
- Before/after school care
- Summer care
BBCDC hours of operation are 6:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Bright Beginnings Child Development Center welcomes the opportunity to tell you about our high quality program and answer any questions you may have. Contact our Director, to set up an appointment to learn more about our child development center and to tour our facility. We look forward to having you and your child join our special family.
Please contact us for more information.
Phone: (402) 643-2141 (during regular business hours)
Every child has a right to quality care. Our quality of care shows in the way your child grows.
BBCDC offers an educational experience for all our students. We strive to develop the children in our care at every stage of their lives.
- Infants are provided a variety of different interactions with their teachers as well as volunteers.
- Our toddlers experience a “mini preschool” setting. Our toddler teacher provides an educational learning environment suited to the toddler’s developmental stage.
- We offer full-day preschool for our 3-year-old students. The preschool teachers use the Easy Breezy Preschool curriculum which offers a wide variety of learning activities.
- The Pre-K classroom is for our students who will be attending Kindergarten the following year. The Pre-K teachers provide the students with a wide range of actives along with the Easy Breezy Preschool curriculum which prepares our students to start Kindergarten.
- Our before/after school program and our summer program for school age children is also education based.
All of our students are exposed to a variety of different learning activities which involve large motor, small motor, sensory, hands on, cognitive, technology and student-centered learning approach. Hands on learning is stressed in all our classrooms as well as community involvement.
OUR STAFF and DIRECTORS
The staff at BBCDC consist of the Center Director, classroom teachers, teacher aides, volunteers & cooks.
BBCDC Board of Directors along with the staff and congregation of Seward United Methodist Church support the mission of the child care center and work together to assure:
- Compliance with all NE DHHS regulations.
- Compliance with the Nebraska Fire Marshall and Health Department.
- Personable, caring and trained staff & volunteers who have undergone extensive background checks.
- Inviting classrooms that encourage an exploration and learning environment.
- Our indoor and outdoor facilities are clean, safe, sanitary and properly equipped.